Monday, March 24, 2008

books and books!

i think i need a dictionary. a small, concise yet compact ones like the one azra has from Collins. the thing with me is that i read quite A LOT of books but wenever i stumble across new vocabularies, i never bother or shall i say too LAZY to refer to the dictionary. so i end up just assuming what the words mean, and as i'd come across the words over and over again i might believe that the word's meaning i assumed is true. but the problem is that sumtimes it is NOT correct the way i had interpreted it, or maybe sumtimes i do get lucky n the words are guessed correctly, yet i wont be too sure to use the words in my writings, so that might explain the lack of vocabularies u might notice in my writings. herm, the problem with the improvisers, one like me! anyway, i wonder how am i to buy a dictionary in this current moment, im too broke for God's sake! urgh. one month in average for the next scholarship to be deposited.herm, shall i just wait for my next birthday, as a bithday prezzie request? gosh, i'd be too old by then.LOL!

Anyway, wut have i been doing for these past thurs-sunday holidays?apart from being a succesful couch potato, attending birthday parties (we had doyot's on friday plus aida joe's n NK's combo on saturday), the maulidur rasul celebration ( which went off quite a blast), finishing my PK reports (yeay!-quite an achievement for me i shall say), i've been reading a few books, like usual.

God, i just love reading and journalism.Throw any books at me and they will get my eyes' attention. I suppose i inherited the 'talent' from my dad. my grandma once told me- "ur dad would rather opt to stay at home to read books compared to wandering outside aimlessly even when i had given him money to spend".hahha! Don't worry, anyway my dad is not a nerd-he was a good athlete, adventurous, charismatic, influential (very!-this is from my mum's point of view =P) n had always wanted to become a marine engineer when he was a youngster. The cutest thing is that my sisters and i used to have a knack at reading sidney sheldon's books (of course Kak Huda started it,me n tima were her loyal followers-LOL) and whenever he caught me reading them he'd come n say "i used to read quite a lot of sidney sheldons when i was a teen "(sheldon is an old writer anyway) n he'd say "oh, this book is about this and that, rite?"-hehhe. and sumtimes he'd say (when i read books from other authors)- "what's this book is about and once u've finished, lend me them "(though i never did-oh yeah,once-hahha!)

Anyway, now my sidney sheldon book reading era is a long history already. Now my book pick range has matured a bit. i'd opt for something more spiritual, more of about life issues, inspirational and universal theme,though i still enjoy thrillers, mind twisters and psychologic stuffs.Anyway, my point (initially) was to share the books i had read during the 3 days hols actually=P. I've kickstarted reading 'Berguru kepada Allah by Abu Sangkan', Rona Bosphorus by Zaid Akhtar (its a thin book- one of Hadiah Sastra Utusan winner) and two of Belle's Readers Digest february 2007 and 2008 edition. I still do enjoy inspirational and breakthrough stories from the readers digest (though not as hardcore as before as sumtimes i have a feeling that it sorta have sum antireligion sentiments).Anyway again,i've linked a new blog belonging to Anya Peters, her story about being homeless and living in her car for 9 months and how blogging was her only contact to the external and real world was featured in RD feb 2008 issue.her real life stories in the blog touched the hearts of many and it eventually managed to change her fate from being homeless to finally have a home when New York Times featured her story.Plus she even succeded to write a book about her life which became bestseller. Check out her blog link.


Herm, to danesz n tima i'll leave u with one (and the only!) previous maulidur rasul pic i had..hehe.lotsa lurve, (cipika cipiki) =).back to books now u...!



from left : qilah, doy2, pong and me (i noe u guyz dah bored dgn pic ni tp mereka sgt cute!xsia2 mereke bertema purple dan memakai alma mater ugm-mereka menang juare kuiz sirah maulidurrasul mengalahkan kurt kuden dan kwn2 @ team uhibbu fatimah)-hehe. takpe kuden,aku xmenyesal pakai biruu =P.lain kali boleh berentap lagi ye..dlm kuiz minggu memperingati khalifah,haha,untung naseb org siape tauu~hehhe!

No comments: