Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Ummah!

My ummah, my ummah
He will say
Rasulullah on that day
Even though we've strayed from him and his way

My brothers, my sisters, in Islam
Let’s struggle, work, and pray
If we are to
Bring back the glory of his way

Ya Allah ya rabbal ‘alamin
Ya rahmanu ya rahim
Ya rabbi
O Allah Lord of the Worlds
O Merciful and Beneficent
O my Lord

Let the Ummah rise again
Let us see daylight again
Once again

Let’s become whole again
Proud again
’Cause I swear with firm belief in our hearts
We can bring back the glory of our past

My ummah, my ummah
He will say
Rasulullah on that day
Even though we strayed from him and his way

Look at where we were
And look at where we are
And tell me
Is this how he’d want it to be?
Oh no! Let us bring back our glory

-Sami Yusuf

I miss the times of the prophet sallallahualaihi wassalam
I miss the glory of the great sahabahs
I wish i was there living in the victory of the ummah
and look, where i am rite now..lazing around in my own room!
God, to think that i have everything adding to my own comfort and luxuries; internet, a good home,gud frens, great family, a comfy room, medical books n all the time in the world!
N yet I am still lazing around not studying n distracted
Reflecting back on the time of Rasulullah sallallahualaihiwassalam, he faced challenges n opposition everyday!
n yet he still managed to be a leader, father, husband n an all rounder
he sacrificed his life for the sake of the ummah
just to see the rise of the ummah
n yet here we are making his efforts wasted
he had faith in us
n we shud not let the prophet down!

How grateful I am to everything
All I need is just to work hard n focus, keep away from being distracted by the whispers of shaythans..who try to manipulate us every now and then
Sacrifice, sacrifice n focus
We have everything in the world
And all the TIMES!
Look at the people in the street..
who have to work hard n toil their life away just to earn a few rupiah a day
All I need is just to focus n study..
which is NOT HARD at all!
Now pull myself together
Let's remake history
Bring back the clones of the companions- Abu Bakr, Umar , Uthman n Ali,
n the magnificent Salahuddin al Ayyubi
not to forget the Great Ibn Sina!
Make sum sacrifice, will U?
If NOT u'll alwiz b da kambing soul beneath A lion's body..huhhu!

No comments: